+1 781 369-7679
M.B.A., Finance Specialization, Marketing Concentration, University of Chicago
B.A., Economics, Harvard University
SWBi International - Boston, MA
Boutique retained executive search practice specializing in attracting and securing senior executives within the high technology space
Secured and executed high profile, senior level executive searches within the high technology, including software, communications and semiconductors, for companies ranging from venture funded, pre-revenue startups to publicly traded companies.
- Secured searches at the “C”, VP and Board Level.
- Executed VP, CEO and Board level searches with an average time to completion of less than 90 days, 25% below industry average.
- Maintained currency in high technology trends and strategies to serve clients in an advisory role with respect to organizational requirements, structure and performance related issues.
- Developed and executed an add on service to build sales forces for expanding companies applying all of the principles, processes and commitment of retained “C” level search while maintaining economic advantage.
EVIDIAN, INC. - Boston, MA
(12/1999 - 6/2002)
$40M Enterprise security, network & systems management, and infrastructure software subsidiary of Groupe Bull.
Senior Manager, Executive Recruitment
Structured and directed transition of US software subsidiary of French computer company to ISV business model and establish a presence in the U.S. market. Transformed focus from traditional mainframe and client server focus to internet and e-business infrastructure orientation. Primary focus on Internet and legacy security/access control and telecom service quality assurance solutions.
- Executed major account contracts with projected annual revenue in excess of $13M.
- Established $25M pipeline in newly defined product and market targets.
- Developed sales, pre-sales, channels, services, and marketing teams.
- Initiated “Go Teams” to attack new markets with new, existing, and hybrid products.
- Redirected efforts to new, cutting edge infrastructure solutions.
KEYMAGE, INC. - Boston, MA
(12/1998 - 12/1999)
Start-up software company focusing on document and image management and collaborative business process portal environment.
Vice President, U.S. Operations
Managed all activities in the U.S. for French based start up software company. Developed sales, support, and marketing team to enter the U.S. business process portal market . Bootstrap effort to enter a new geographic venue and introduce new, cutting edge product to market. Three-fold objective focusing on:
- Establishing U.S. customer base.
- Interfacing with analysts to develop awareness.
- Securing additional venture funding.
STANDARD & POOR’S DRI - Boston, MA
(1997 - 1998)
$50M provider of financial and economic data, economic forecast services and analytic consulting services.
Vice President, Sales
Led all sales and support activities in the Americas for. Created Sales and Management team to effectively service differentiated market segments. Restructured and redefined operation to achieve revenue and new sales growth in a declining market.
- Exceeded 1997 sales and revenue goals – 103%.
- Doubled net new sales run rate.
- Reversed negative growth rate to consistent positive trend from -27% to + 4%.
STERLING SOFTWARE – OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT DIVISION - Reston, VA
$35M enterprise software division focusing on network and systems management, automation, and command & control.
Vice President – Business Development
Developed and executed strategy for complementing product suite through acquisition or alliances. Incorporated products to add capabilities that enhanced the information systems management solution by expanding application to additional hardware platforms and disciplines outside of core competencies.
- Made strategic acquisition to expand application and life cycle of key product line.
- Executed three strategic product partnership and distribution alliances.
CANDLE CORPORATION - Chicago, IL & Boston, MA
(1990 - 1996)
$230M Enterprise Management software firm.
Director – Sales
Directed all activity of six regions in United States and Canada, and Telecommunications vertical for $230M Enterprise Management software firm. Full P&L responsibility for $55M, 120 person operating unit.
Consistently Exceeded Goals
- Only operation to exceed 1995 goals – 104% of profit with over $55M net license revenue.
- 134% of new revenue goal and 126% of profit goal.
- Transformed lowest performing unit from 65% to 129% of goal, increasing revenue 89%.
- Created Canadian business unit which ranked #1 at 142% of revenue goal.
- Achieved 116% of new revenue goal and 119% of profit goal.
PANSOPHIC SYSTEMS, INCORPORATEDN - Chicago, IL
(1984 - 1989)
$200M Enterprise software firm focusing on programmer productivity, change management, and ERP.
Regional Manager 1986-1989
Transformed company’s lowest performing sales unit into area’s leading performer. Restructured sales team to align individual skills with product requirements.
- Generated revenue increases to become # 1 region in western area.
- Exceeded 100% of cumulative individual quotas each year.
Director – Marketing 1984-1986
Directed all corporate marketing activities including global product and pricing strategies, communications, training, market research, sales compensation, contract negotiations, and business development. Identified and participated in strategic acquisitions.
- Decreased budget and staff of organization by 25% while maintaining production levels.
- Formulated and executed strategy for entering non-IBM and unique product environments.